Examples of STRENUOUS
- Avoid all strenuous exercise until the sprain heals.
- Today has been a very strenuous day.
- The proposal has faced strenuous opposition.
Origin of STRENUOUS
First Known Use: 1599
Related to STRENUOUS
- aggressive, assertive, dynamic, energetic, forceful, full-blooded, muscular, resounding, emphatic, vehement, vigorous, violent
- nonassertive, nonemphatic, unemphatic
Learn More About STRENUOUS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up strenuous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).