Examples of SORELY
- You will be sorely missed.
- She provided some sorely needed help.
- The house is sorely in need of paint.
- He is sorely lacking in social skills.
First Known Use of SORELY
before 12th century
Related to SORELY
- agonizingly, bitterly, dolefully, dolorously, grievously, hardly, inconsolably, lugubriously, mournfully, painfully, plaintively, regretfully, resentfully, ruefully, sadly, hard, sorrowfully, unhappily, wailfully, woefully, wretchedly
- blissfully, gladly, happily, joyfully, joyously
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up sorely? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).