: possessed of or displaying skill : expert <a skillful chef>
: accomplished with skill <a skillful treatment>
— skill·ful·ly \-fə-lē\ adverb
— skill·ful·ness noun
Examples of SKILLFUL
- He is skillful at diplomacy.
- an artist skillful in the use of color
- the skillful manner in which the doctor and nurses treated the patient
- These issues require skillful handling.
First Known Use of SKILLFUL
Related to SKILLFUL
- adroit, artful, bravura, deft, delicate, dexterous (also dextrous), expert, masterful, masterly, practiced (also practised), virtuoso, workmanlike
- amateur, amateurish, artless, rude, unprofessional, unskillful
Learn More About SKILLFUL
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up skillful? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).