a : the loss in weight of livestock during shipment and in the process of preparing the meat for consumption
b : the loss of goods especially by theft <inventory shrinkage>
: the amount lost by shrinkage
Examples of SHRINKAGE
- The shrinkage in contributions is significant.
- a shrinkage of 10 percent
- the shrinkage of the polar ice caps
First Known Use of SHRINKAGE
Related to SHRINKAGE
- abatement, decline, decrement, dent, depletion, depression, diminishment, diminution, drop, drop-off, fall, falloff, loss, reduction, decrease, step-down
- boost, enlargement, gain, increase, increment, raise, rise, step-up, uptick
Learn More About SHRINKAGE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up shrinkage? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).