Examples of RESTRAINED
- She was admired for her restrained behavior.
- a restrained style of architecture
- The room was decorated with restrained colors.
First Known Use of RESTRAINED
Related to RESTRAINED
- conservative, low-key (also low-keyed), muted, repressed, quiet, sober, subdued, toned-down, understated, unflashy, unpretentious
- flamboyant, flaring, flashy, garish, gaudy, glitzy, loud, noisy, ostentatious, razzle-dazzle, splashy, swank (or swanky)
Rhymes with RESTRAINED
Learn More About RESTRAINED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up restrained? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).