: to an excessive degree : too
Examples of OVERLY
- These directions are overly complex.
- She's overly sensitive to criticism.
- They didn't seem overly concerned about the problem.
First Known Use of OVERLY
Related to OVERLY
- devilishly, excessively, exorbitantly, inordinately, intolerably, monstrously, too, overmuch, unacceptably, unduly
- deficiently, inadequately, insufficiently
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up overly? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).