a : exceeding the limits of what is usual
b : not conventional or matter-of-fact : fantastic
a : going beyond all standards of what is right or decent <an outrageous disregard of human rights>
b : deficient in propriety or good taste <outrageous language> <outrageous manners>
— out·ra·geous·ly adverb
— out·ra·geous·ness noun
Examples of OUTRAGEOUS
- They will be punished for their outrageous behavior.
- This is outrageous! I will not put up with such treatment.
- She's known for her wild hairdos and outrageous costumes.
- At first it seemed like an outrageous idea, but then we realized that it wasn't so crazy after all.
- The article makes some outrageous claims about her personal life.
First Known Use of OUTRAGEOUS
Learn More About OUTRAGEOUS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up outrageous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).