: to confer the rights of a national on; especially : to admit to citizenship
: to introduce into common use or into the vernacular
: to bring into conformity with nature
: to cause (as a plant) to become established as if native
Examples of NATURALIZE
- The government refused to naturalize them without documentation.
- naturalized citizens of the U.S.
- Several Asian fish have become naturalized in these lakes.
- Before you naturalize bulbs in your lawn, fertilize well.
- These daisies naturalize well in the Pacific Northwest.
First Known Use of NATURALIZE
Learn More About NATURALIZE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up naturalize? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).