a : having a spiritual meaning or reality that is neither apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence <the mystical food of the sacrament>
b : involving or having the nature of an individual's direct subjective communion with God or ultimate reality <the mystical experience of the Inner Light>
Examples of MYSTICAL
- He has a mystical [mystic union with God.
- She says that the symbol has mystical powers.
- the deep, almost mystical quality of her poetry
- a mystical journey in search of God
- mystical knowledge of the spirit world
First Known Use of MYSTICAL
Learn More About MYSTICAL
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up mystical? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).