a : a moral discourse, statement, or lesson
b : a literary or other imaginative work teaching a moral lesson
a : a doctrine or system of moral conduct
b plural : particular moral principles or rules of conduct
: conformity to ideals of right human conduct
Examples of MORALITY
- The group is calling for a return to traditional morality.
- two groups with clashing moralities
- The decision may be legally justified, but I question its morality.
First Known Use of MORALITY
Related to MORALITY
- character, decency, goodness, honesty, integrity, probity, rectitude, righteousness, rightness, uprightness, virtue, virtuousness
- badness, evil, evildoing, immorality, iniquity, sin, villainy, wickedness
Rhymes with MORALITY
Learn More About MORALITY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up morality? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).