mis·han·dle verb \-ˈhan-dəl\
: to deal with or manage (something) badly or incorrectly
: to touch or treat (something) in a way that causes damage
sports : to fail to catch or hold (a ball) properly
: to deal with or manage wrongly or ignorantly
Examples of MISHANDLE
- The police mishandled the investigation.
- Apples are easily bruised when they are mishandled.
- The shortstop mishandled the throw.
- The quarterback fumbled when he mishandled the snap.
First Known Use of MISHANDLE
Related to MISHANDLE
- brutalize, bully, ill-treat, ill-use, kick around, maltreat, manhandle, mess over [slang], abuse, mistreat, misuse
Learn More About MISHANDLE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up mishandle? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).