Examples of METICULOUS
- He described the scene in meticulous detail.
- He is meticulous about keeping accurate records.
- Always meticulous about his appearance in the past, he had become dirty and unkempt, with straggly hair, stained clothes, and patches of silver stubble on his chin. —Minette Walters, Fox Evil, 2002
- She was very much the craftswoman, all her work meticulous, slow, perfect. —Simon Winchester, The Professor and the Madman, 1998
- In dense, meticulous arguments … Brooten mounts an assault on that view. —Cullen Murphy, Atlantic, August 1993
Origin of METICULOUS
fearful, irregular from metus
First Known Use: 1827
Learn More About METICULOUS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up meticulous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).