lousy adjective \ˈlau̇-zē\
: bad or poor : of poor quality : not good or skillful
: not well or healthy
: not happy or pleased
a : totally repulsive : contemptible
b : miserably poor or inferior <got lousy grades>
c : somewhat ill <felt lousy after dinner>
d : amply supplied : replete <lousy with money>
Examples of LOUSY
- She got lousy grades in high school.
- I like the work, but the pay is lousy.
- He was a lousy husband.
- They did a lousy job.
- He drank too much and felt lousy the next morning.
- It's a lousy, rainy day.
- That's a lousy way to treat a friend.
First Known Use of LOUSY
Related to LOUSY
- cheap, cruddy, deplorable, despicable, dirty, grubby, lame, contemptible, mean, nasty, paltry, pitiable, pitiful, ratty, scabby, scummy, scurvy, sneaking, sorry, wretched
- admirable, commendable, creditable, laudable, meritorious, praiseworthy
lousy adjective \ˈlau̇-zē\ (Medical Dictionary)
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up lousy? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).