: in a large manner; especially : to a large extent : mostly, primarily <words largely unknown a decade ago>
Examples of LARGELY
- The story is largely true.
- He is largely responsible for the problem.
- The economy is based largely on farming.
First Known Use of LARGELY
Related to LARGELY
- altogether, basically, by and large, generally, chiefly, mainly, mostly, overall, predominantly, primarily, principally, substantially
- little, negligibly, nominally, slightly
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up largely? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).