Examples of INVALUABLE
- Their help has been invaluable to us.
- <the list of likely donors proved to be invaluable to our fund-raising efforts>
- Unfortunately, though, Sally does not respond to lithium, which has been invaluable for many patients with manic-depressive illness … —Oliver Sacks, New York Review of Books, 25 Sept. 2008
- I stayed there only a month or so but it was an invaluable experience … : that month's residence provided the inspiration for a novel I wrote much later, Sophie's Choice. —William Styron, This Quiet Dust and Other Writings, (1953) 1982
- … the scrolls provide an invaluable snapshot of at least one important strain in early Judaism—though they are by no means a complete record of Jewish belief at that time. —Jeremy Lott, Lingua Franca, February 2001
Origin of INVALUABLE
verb + -able
First Known Use: 1576
Learn More About INVALUABLE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up invaluable? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).