: not significant: as
a : lacking meaning or import
b : not worth considering : unimportant
c : lacking weight, position, or influence : contemptible
d : small in size, quantity, or number
— in·sig·nif·i·cant·ly adverb
Examples of INSIGNIFICANT
- They lost an insignificant amount of money.
- Looking up at the stars always makes me feel so small and insignificant.
- These problems are not insignificant.
First Known Use of INSIGNIFICANT
Related to INSIGNIFICANT
- fiddling, foolish, frivolous, incidental, inconsequential, inconsiderable, unimportant, little, Mickey Mouse, minor, minute, negligible, nugatory, slight, small, small-fry, trifling, trivial
- big, consequential, eventful, important, major, material, meaningful, momentous, significant, substantial, unfrivolous, weighty
Learn More About INSIGNIFICANT
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up insignificant? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).