: the quality or state of being indecent
: something (as a word or action) that is indecent
Examples of INDECENCY
- The book has been criticized for indecency.
- I was shocked by the indecency of their language.
- He was accused of sexual indecencies.
First Known Use of INDECENCY
Related to INDECENCY
- bawdiness, blueness, coarseness, crudeness, crudity, dirt, dirtiness, filth, filthiness, foulness, grossness, impureness, impurity, obscenity, lasciviousness, lewdness, nastiness, profanity, raunch, raunchiness, ribaldry, smut, smuttiness, vulgarity, wantonness
- appropriateness, correctness, decency, decorousness, decorum, fitness, properness, propriety, rightness, seemliness, suitability, suitableness
Learn More About INDECENCY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up indecency? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).