: at least <fully nine tenths of us>
See Usage Discussion at plenty
Examples of FULLY
- He fully recovered from the operation.
- They will never fully appreciate their luck.
- The house is fully furnished.
- When will the tree be fully grown?
First Known Use of FULLY
before 12th century
Related to FULLY
- all, all of, all over, altogether, clean, completely, dead, enough, entire, entirely, even, exactly, fast, flat, full, heartily, out, perfectly, plumb [chiefly dialect], quite, soundly, thoroughly, through and through, totally, utterly, well, wholly, wide, all the way, at length, down the line, down to the ground, for fair, in whole, to bits, to pieces, to the hilt, to the max
- half, halfway, incompletely, part, partially, partly
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up fully? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).