ev·ery·thing pronoun \ˈev-rē-ˌthiŋ\
: every thing there is : all that exists
: all that is related to a particular subject
: all that is important
a : all that exists
b : all that relates to the subject
: all that is important <you mean everything to me>
: all sorts of other things —used to indicate related but unspecified events, facts, or conditions <all the pains and colds and everything — E. B. White>
Examples of EVERYTHING
- People will buy everything she paints.
- I didn't agree with everything he said.
- What do you buy for the man who has everything?
- Tell us everything that happened.
- He denied everything about the incident.
- She means everything to me.
- We're pretty happy with everything right now.
First Known Use of EVERYTHING
Rhymes with EVERYTHING
à la king
, apron string
, cosmic string
, delta wing
, fairy ring
, Highland fling
, new jack swing
, on the string
, on the wing
, pull the string
, signet ring
, single wing
, teething ring
, western swing
, wing and wing
Learn More About EVERYTHING
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up everything? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).