: in a due manner or time : properly <a duly elected official> <duly noted>
Examples of DULY
- They were duly impressed by her speech.
- The objections were duly noted.
- The singer duly appeared back on stage for an encore.
First Known Use of DULY
Related to DULY
- appositely, appropriately, congruously, correctly, properly, fittingly, happily, meetly, right, rightly, suitably
- improperly, inappropriately, incongruously, incorrectly, unseemly, unsuitably, wrongly
Rhymes with DULY
Next Word in the Dictionary: dulzianPrevious Word in the Dictionary: dultAll Words Near: duly
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up duly? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).