hap·pi·ly adverb \ˈha-pə-lē\
: in a happy way or state
—used to say that something good or lucky has happened
: in a very willing way
a : in a fortunate manner
b : as it fortunately happens <happily, some boyhood pleasures don't change — P. A. Witteman>
: in a happy manner or state
Examples of HAPPILY
- They have been happily married for 12 years.
- They lived happily ever after.
- We happily accept credit cards.
First Known Use of HAPPILY
Related to HAPPILY
- brightly, cheerfully, cheerily, gaily, heartily, jocosely, jovially, merrily, mirthfully, smilingly
- bleakly, cheerlessly, darkly, heavily, miserably, morosely, unhappily
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up happily? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).