: to reduce in size; especially : to design or produce in smaller size
: to fire (employees) for the purpose of downsizing a business
: to undergo a reduction in size
Examples of DOWNSIZE
- They have downsized the car's engine in the new model.
- The company is planning to downsize next year.
- The company will be downsized next year.
First Known Use of DOWNSIZE
Related to DOWNSIZE
- abate, de-escalate, dent, deplete, diminish, downscale, decrease, drop, dwindle, ease, knock down, lessen, lower, reduce
- aggrandize, amplify, augment, boost, enlarge, escalate, expand, increase, raise
Rhymes with DOWNSIZE
, crack wise
, door prize
, trim size
Learn More About DOWNSIZE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up downsize? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).