demo noun \ˈde-(ˌ)mō\
: an example of a product that is not yet ready to be sold
: an act of showing someone how something is used or done
: a recording that musicians make in order to show what their music is like
a : demonstrator a
b : a recording intended to show off a song or performer to a record producer
c : an example of a product that is not yet ready to be sold <a demo version of the software>
Examples of DEMO
- She will be showing a demo of the company's new alarm system.
- a demo version of the software
- I saw a demo on how to use the computer program.
- The salesman gave us a demo of the vacuum cleaner, and it seemed to work very well.
- They sent the demo to several record companies.
- She cut a demo last week.
First Known Use of DEMO
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up demo? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).