: made very happy : full of great pleasure or satisfaction
: highly pleased
— de·light·ed·ly adverb
— de·light·ed·ness noun
Examples of DELIGHTED
- The children were especially delighted that there were enough cookies for each of them to have two.
- We were delighted by the performance.
- They are delighted at the prospect of a visit from their grandchildren.
First Known Use of DELIGHTED
Related to DELIGHTED
- blissful, chuffed [British], glad, gratified, happy, joyful, joyous, pleased, satisfied, thankful, tickled
- displeased, dissatisfied, joyless, sad, unhappy, unpleased, unsatisfied
Learn More About DELIGHTED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up delighted? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).