cre·a·tion noun \krē-ˈā-shən\
: the act of making or producing something that did not exist before : the act of creating something
: something new that is made or produced : something that has been created
: everything in the world
: the act of creating; especially : the act of bringing the world into ordered existence
: the act of making, inventing, or producing: as
a : the act of investing with a new rank or office
b : the first representation of a dramatic role
: something that is created: as
a : world
b : creatures singly or in aggregate
c : an original work of art
d : a new usually striking article of clothing
Examples of CREATION
- The play continues to entertain audiences 25 years after its creation.
- Job creation will be an important issue in next year's elections.
- These changes will lead to the creation of new businesses.
- The company was largely the creation of one woman.
- Come taste our chef's delicious new creations.
- She's wearing one of her original fashion creations.
- How are humans different from the rest of creation?
First Known Use of CREATION
Related to CREATION
- brainchild, coinage, concoction, contrivance, invention, innovation, wrinkle
- abasement, comedown, degradation, demotion, disrating, downgrade, reduction
Rhymes with CREATION
, C ration
, earth station
, gas station
, space station
, way station
Learn More About CREATION
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up creation? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).