clotted cream


: a very thick kind of cream that is made and eaten especially in England

Full Definition of CLOTTED CREAM

:  a thick cream made chiefly in England by slowly heating whole milk on which the cream has been allowed to rise and then skimming the cooled cream from the top —called also Devonshire cream

First Known Use of CLOTTED CREAM



Next Word in the Dictionary: clotterPrevious Word in the Dictionary: clottableAll Words Near: clotted cream
March 29, 2015
discomfit Hear it
To thwart or disconcert
Take a 3-minute break and test your skills!
How to use a word that (literally) drives some people nuts.
Test your vocab with our fun, fast game
Ailurophobia, and 9 other unusual fears