chilly adjective \ˈchi-lē\
: noticeably cold
: feeling cold
: noticeably unfriendly
: noticeably cold : chilling <a chilly day>
: unpleasantly affected by cold <chilly spectators>
: lacking warmth of feeling : unfriendly <a chilly reception>
Examples of CHILLY
- It's a little chilly outside.
- You must be chilly without a coat on.
- They gave him a chilly reception.
First Known Use of CHILLY
Related to CHILLY
- bitter, bleak, chill, chilling, nipping, nippy, raw, sharp
- cordial, friendly, genial, happy, hearty, sympathetic, warm, warm-blooded, warmhearted
Rhymes with CHILLY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up chilly? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).