— care·less·ly adverb
— care·less·ness noun
Examples of CARELESS
- He is a careless worker.
- She was careless with my things.
- It was a careless mistake.
- a newspaper known for careless reporting
First Known Use of CARELESS
before 12th century
Related to CARELESS
- heedless, incautious, mindless, unguarded, unsafe, unwary
- alert, cautious, circumspect, gingerly, guarded, heedful, safe, wary
Learn More About CARELESS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up careless? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).