: the breaking, melting, and loosening of ice in the spring
Examples of BREAKUP
- Money problems often lead to marital breakups.
- She's just gone through a bad breakup with her boyfriend.
- He began drinking heavily following the breakup of his marriage.
- a couple heading for marital breakup
- What caused the breakup of the Roman Empire?
- the breakup of a monopoly
- the breakup of an asteroid as it hits the Earth's atmosphere
First Known Use of BREAKUP
Related to BREAKUP
- bifurcation, separation, cleavage, dissolution, disunion, division, fractionalization, fractionation, partition, schism, scission, split, sundering
- unification, union
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up breakup? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).