: expressive of awe <awesome tribute>
— awe·some·ly adverb
— awe·some·ness noun
Examples of AWESOME
- the awesome sight of an erupting volcano
- It was an awesome responsibility.
- We had an awesome task ahead of us.
- We had an awesome time at the concert.
- You did an awesome job on that project.
- The movie was totally awesome.
First Known Use of AWESOME
Related to AWESOME
- amazing, astonishing, astounding, marvelous, awful, eye-opening, fabulous, miraculous, portentous, prodigious, staggering, stunning, stupendous, sublime, surprising, wonderful, wondrous
- atrocious, awful, execrable, lousy, pathetic, poor, rotten, terrible, vile, wretched
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up awesome? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).