agree·able adjective \ə-ˈgrē-ə-bəl\
: pleasing to the mind or senses
: ready or willing to agree : willing to do or allow something
: able to be accepted
: pleasing to the mind or senses especially as according well with one's tastes or needs <an agreeable companion> <an agreeable change>
: ready or willing to agree or consent
Examples of AGREEABLE
- He's a very agreeable young man.
- Traffic is one of the less agreeable aspects of city life.
- They spent an agreeable evening together.
- I suggested that we leave early, and she seemed agreeable.
First Known Use of AGREEABLE
Related to AGREEABLE
- satisfactory, all right, alright, copacetic (also copasetic or copesetic), ducky, fine, good, hunky-dory, jake [slang], OK (or okay), palatable
- disagreeable, unsatisfactory
Learn More About AGREEABLE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up agreeable? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).