: capable or worthy of being accepted <no compromise would be acceptable>
Examples of ACCEPTABLE
- acceptable and unacceptable noise levels
- It was an acceptable performance, although not an outstanding one.
- She plays an acceptable game of tennis.
First Known Use of ACCEPTABLE
Related to ACCEPTABLE
- adequate, all right, decent, fairish, fine, good, OK (or okay), passable, respectable, satisfactory, serviceable, tolerable
- deficient, inadequate, insufficient, lacking, unacceptable, unsatisfactory, wanting
Learn More About ACCEPTABLE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up acceptable? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).