getting a load ofphrase
present participle of get a load of, informal
Synonyms & Antonyms of getting a load of
See the Dictionary Definition
to make note of (something) through the use of one's eyes
- Get a load of my new house!
- You have to get a load of his outfit today—it is quite the fashion statement.
Synonyms for getting a load of
Words Related to getting a load of
Phrases Synonymous with getting a load of
Near Antonyms for getting a load of
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 12/6/19
- Getting with the ‘Program’ (or ‘Programme’)
- Why Do We Say Teams Get a 'Bye'?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/29/19
Ask the Editors
- Semantic Drift Quiz Take the quiz
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game