Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law
A convenient, comprehensive guide to the language of law for everyone from the homeowner to the legal professional.
- Includes more than 10,000 legal words and phrases
- Updated entries taken from recent events that propelled legal terms into our daily lives:
- From the financial meltdowncredit default swap, subprime, systemic risk, credit rating agency, moral hazard
- From the world of computers and the Internetcyberbullying, identity fraud, malware, phishing
- From crimeAmber alert, community policing, person of interest
- Includes pronunciations, example phrases and quotations, and frequent supplementary notes
- Special sections on the judicial system, important legal cases, government agencies, and historic laws
Format: Trade paperback
Size: 656 pages; 5 3/4" x 8 1/2"