Merriam-Webster's Visual Dictionary, Second Edition
Nearly 25,000 terms with dictionary-scale definitions.
- More than 8,000 highly detailed, full-color illustrations, organized by subject in specialized fields from all aspects of life.
- Many illustrations have been redrawn to modernize their design, such as for TV and medical equipment, while other illustrations for new technologies, such as touch screen smartphones, have been added. Includes more than 2,000 new illustrations
- Nearly 25,000 up-to-date technical and everyday terms with clear, concise definitions edited by Merriam-Webster lexicographers
- Eighteen chapters and corresponding themes include a wide variety of fields: astronomy, the earth, human beings, the animal kingdom, plants and gardening, house and do-it-yourself, food, arts and architecture, clothing, science and energy, sports and games, and much more
- Perfect for work, school, self-study, research, or simple browsing
Format: Jacketed hardcover
Size: 1,152 pages; 7 3/4" x 10"