Merriam-Webster's School Dictionary
A dictionary written especially for students grades 9–11, ages 14 and up.
- Features more than 100,000 definitions and 28,000 usage examples
- Includes 150 newly added words and meanings across a variety of fields including technology, entertainment, health, science, and society
- More than 500 synonym paragraphs, 200 word history paragraphs that clarify meaning, and nearly 1,000 illustrations
- Updated to include new vocabulary such as hashtag, cloud computing, and selfie
- Special sections include biographical names, geographical names, and signs and symbols
- A great study aid for students building vocabulary as they prepare for college level reading
Format: Laminated hardcover
Size: 1,280 pages; 7 1/4" x 9 1/2"