Michaelis-Menten kineticsnoun plural but singular or plural in construction
Medical Definition of Michaelis-Menten kinetics
: the behavior of an enzyme-catalyzed reaction with a single substrate especially as exhibited by plotting the velocity of the reaction against the concentration of the substrate which yields a hyperbolic curve approaching a horizontal asymptote rather than yielding a straight line as in nonenzymatic reactions and which has an equation of the form where v is the velocity of the reaction, V is the asymptotic value of the velocity, Km is the Michaelis constant, and s is the concentration of the substrate
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game