Content and Social Media ManagerApply Now
The Content and Social Media Manager manages the company's content offerings and social media profile and community, with an emphasis on optimizing discovery of content and maximizing engagement on an ongoing basis.
The Content and Social Media Manager will manage the day-to-day assignments and workflow for editorial content, and will optimize content for search and sharing. This individual will also manage the company's social media profiles to increase engagement, total following, and ROI. The position is on-site, in our New York City office.
- Assign, edit, and post content, including blog posts, articles, lists, newsletter, and quiz content.
- Optimize content for SEO and sharing.
- Promote content across social media.
- Collect and analyze metrics from various sources to make data-driven decisions and recommendations.
- Manage social media feeds and develop a deep understanding of social media and video platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube to ensure that strategy is optimized and utilizing each platform's always-evolving capabilities.
- Devise and test new strategies to increase user reach and engagement.
- Assess new social platforms for viability for M-W.
- Help develop internal best practices and workflow ideas for anything pertaining to content creation and marketing.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- BA/BS required.
- 3-5 years managing content production and social media.
- Passion for language.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills. Ability to conceptualize, write, and edit web copy for headlines, descriptions, blog posts, social media posts, and newsletters.
- Web-savvy with deep interest in and knowledge of digital video, content, and marketing innovations and trends. Curious self-starter with a true, demonstrable passion for digital content.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a highly developed attention to detail.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Demonstrated understanding of what drives user engagement online.
- Knowledge of SEO principles and optimization.
- Familiarity with website and social media metrics, and ability to pull and analyze metrics to improve performance.
- Collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves work style.
- Someone with start-up experience and/or an ability to wear many hats and be self-directed is a plus.
About Merriam-Webster, Inc.
For more than 175 years, in print and online, Merriam-Webster has been America's leading and most trusted publisher of language-related reference works. The Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary© is one of the best-selling books in American history.
Merriam-Webster's websites and apps garner over 2 billion visits annually, and the brand has won numerous awards and garnered extensive press coverage for its products and social media presence.