Definition of y'know
—used for "you know" in informal speech and in representations of such speech The following five dishes taste great and take no time, so you can retain your party bragging rights and, y'know, actually relax.— Hannah SparksHis vintage bottle of wine was dusty because he was saving it. Y'know, for a special occasion.— Sheryl Nadler
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?