Definition of weakfish
1 : a common marine bony fish (Cynoscion regalis of the family Sciaenidae) of the eastern coast of the U.S. that is an important sport and food fish
— called also sea trout
2 : any of several fishes congeneric with the weakfish
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?