vote on/ontophrasal verb
voted on/onto; voting on/onto; votes on/onto
Definition of vote on/onto
: to decide by a vote that (someone) will be allowed to become a member of (a group, team, etc.) You have been voted onto the team. She was voted on the committee.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?