Definition of ulster
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of Ulster (Entry 2 of 2)
Note: Ulster was an ancient Irish province which split into several kingdoms in medieval times. After the Anglo-Norman invasion in the 12th centry, Ulster eventually came under the control of the British crown and in the 16th centry was divided into nine counties, three of which joined the Irish Free State (now the republic of Ireland) in 1921 while the rest remained with the United Kingdom.
Keep scrolling for more
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game