to good/great/fine/outstanding effectidiom
Definition of to good/great/fine/outstanding effect
: in a way that produces good results The city has used these resources to good effect. These changes have been implemented to great effect.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game