Definition of to good/great/fine/outstanding effect
: in a way that produces good results The city has used these resources to good effect. These changes have been implemented to great effect.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game