Definition of slue
(Entry 1 of 3)
less common spelling of slough entry 1 1b
less common spelling of slew entry 3
1 : to turn (something, such as a telescope or a ship's spar) about a fixed point that is usually the axis
2 : to cause to skid : veer slew a car around a turn
Definition of slue (Entry 3 of 3)
1 : position or inclination after slewing
2 : skid sense 5
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game