rearticulated; rearticulating; rearticulates
Definition of rearticulate
: to articulate (something) again: such as
a : to give new or further utterance or expression to … a small team has been tasked with rearticulating the college's mission and identity statement.— James K. A. Smith
b : to reassemble and join together all or some of (the bones comprising the skeleton of a dead animal) The "Dino Daze" festival was built around the return of the allosaurus, which was scientifically rearticulated by Hadley Exhibits.— Mark Sommer rearticulated the fox skeleton using wire and glue
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?