py·ro·mellitic acid | \ "+...-\
Definition of pyromellitic acid
: a crystalline acid C6H2(COOH)4 that is formed by the distilling of mellitic acid; 1,2,4,5-benzene-tetracarboxylic acid
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game