variants: or pre-meet
Definition of premeet
: of, occurring in, or done in the time preceding a meet a premeet warm-up/ritual the coach's premeet pep talk A premeet favorite also prevailed in the girls' individual competition …— Ben DeJarnette He had a premeet best of 54.59 seconds …— David Woods
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game