variants: or pre-invasion
Definition of preinvasion
: taking place in the period immediately preceding a military invasion preinvasion bombardment London in that preinvasion spring seemed full of color and gaiety. Uniforms of different nations abounded, and the air was charged with excitement and a tense anticipation.— Louis Auchincloss
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?