variants: or pre-electronic
Definition of preelectronic
: existing or occurring before the development of electronic devices preelectronic times The Miami-based company is founded on the admittedly romanticized ideal of preelectronic photography. You remember, don't you? That time … when it took practice and skill to compose a perfect photo.— Hannah Elliott
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?